Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Let the Adventure Begin...it only took 4 months to get here:)



Lexie left this morning.  She received her call on May 14 and had to wait 4 long months to head out.  We had a great summer, just hanging out, Six Flags, eating out, playing games, visiting with friends and family; she worked at the Temple a ton; she played piano and read scriptures everyday.  But, the last month was rough, only because Lexie is SO ready to get out to the Mission Field.  She's been like a caged tiger, but in a good way.  I'm so glad she's excited and raring to go.  But, for me, it's definitely bittersweet.  Lots of happy/sad tears.  It's so hard to reconcile, for now, that I could not be more proud of what she's doing or happier for her and where she's headed, but, as a mom, it sure is a tough thing.

She will be in the Mexico Mission Training Center for about 6 weeks, where she will study the Spanish language and learn the Gospel Lessons.  She is so glad to be going.

 I know that each day will get better, for her and me:)  haha ...and I look so forward to hearing about her Mission Adventures.  And that's how Lexie likes to look at all her events in life; Here's to your next Adventure, Sister Underly!  See you in 18 months!


f
Lexie has a great love and appreciation for beautiful skies..she had to take a picture of this sky on the way to the airport this morning. 

Lexie and her mini-me.

Lexie is a great example for her little brother, Sam, who plans on going on a mission also someday.

I've already been crying since...well, off and on, for a few days.  Can't even tell I have makeup on:)  

My cute missionary!


Typical....had to get this shot in:)

Final hugs...Sam

Dad gives good hugs...

Sophie is a great hugger, too.

I can't even believe I'm hugging her for the last time for 18 months...wow.  Very hard to let go.

As you can see by the look on Lexie's face, she is READY to get going :)  That makes me happy:) 

And the tears from me started again...Wow...lots of emotions

5 comments:

  1. I just love the Underly family! God brought y'all into my life for a reason, and I am so glad He did!!! :)

    Ashley (Mrs. Sanderson)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh....Mrs. Sanderson ( I still feel like I have to call you that, haha:), thank you for those sweet words. And, you know, Sophie feels the same way, especially since you had that precious baby Rae on Sophie's birthday:). We love hearing about your little family, also:)

      Delete
  2. Thinking about you today! She's such an awesome young lady...we love her! She is going to be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexie will be one amazing missionary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I've tried to publish twice! I think this is what I wrote: I've been thinking about you and your family a lot this week, but especially today as you said goodbye to your sweet daughter. Lexie is going to be a mighty missionary, and I know how proud you are of her and the woman she has become! Keep smiling through the tears, and watch your email! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete