Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 53: Loving the Mission with Sister Underly





HI friends and family!

I hope ya'll had a great week! Wow missions are just so special let me tell ya. I love it out here in the best mission ever! 

Thanks family for the wonderful yellow care package! It filled my soul with joy and sunshine! 

Monday we had such a great Home Evening with our Bishop and his family and with Adriana and Denise! They shared their conversion stories and the Spirit was so strong. Our Bishop also shared his conversion story! It was incredible hearing their testimonies. 

Tuesday we had a great District meeting by Elder Hults. It was on teaching the commandments. You know, Heavenly Father gives us commandments not to just to restrict us or just to have rules to make us miserable, but to truly free us, liberate us, and lift those burdens of guilt and shame from us. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has provided us with these commandments that we may be blessed! We continued about our day teaching some lessons. We had dinner with Adriana and Denise! Then had some great lessons with Shelby and the Texeira family! Shelby told us that she read 1 Nephi and 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon! And that she could not wait to read Alma! 

Wednesday was a great day full of miracles! We had Denise come out with us to a lesson with Shelby and we discussed the importance of prayer! It was awesome hearing Denise testify after only being a member for 2 months! Then we had a great lesson with Janet (14 years old). We had 2 youth from young men come out with us and we taught the Restoration! It is always so powerful to hear the testimonies of the youth! 

Thursday we planned! Also, 1 year mark in the mission! I honestly cannot believe how much time is warped here on the mission. I feel that I just got out here and that I have been doing this for a long time! I am so glad that I have this opportunity to serve The Lord. 

Friday was great! We had Grandpa come out with us to some lessons and then had a ton of members come out with us for the rest of the day! We met with Samantha too! She went to the Temple again with the youth this time and LOVED it! I am so grateful for temples and the blessings that they provide! 

Saturday was way cool! So there was this guy that got home from his mission 3 weeks ago....FROM UGANDA. He had met a family here in Carson City that was straight from Uganda.It was crazy because we did not find out that this guy spoke the language from their tribe back in Uganda. So yeah we taught them and the accepted the message that we shared with them!

One of our investigators sang in the choir at the adult session! We did not go but we heard that it was awesome! 

Sunday we had Stake Conference! We sat with our investigators! It was such a great stake conference! The RM spoke and he bore his testimony with such power in the language luganda! It was way neat! We also had Elder Greer speak and he told me he was just in the Frisco Stake! Ah a piece of my home! 

I love ya'll 

SHALL WE NOT GO ON IN SO GREAT CAUSE? 
Sister Underly 


4827 Killdeer Rd. 
Carson City, NV 89701





No comments:

Post a Comment