I hope everyone has a great Christmas! This is my absolute favorite time of year. I have felt so much love from you all during my mission. I truly have the greatest home ward ever. Thank you so much! I love you all so dearly! I am so happy to be out here on a mission. This is the greatest thing ever. I love this work. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I have learned so much about myself and about this gospel and how this is the gospel of happiness and so much more. I could really go on and on. I can't believe that time is just flying.
This week was really difficult for us here in North Lake Tahoe , but we are keeping our heads up and moving forward in this work. Throughout the week we always try to remember the miracles that occur.
My comp is amazing. I have really learned so much from her. She will be leaving in 3 weeks to go home into the real world. She has truly been an amazing trainer. I am sincerely grateful for her and her patience and wisdom. She is 23 and from Chile. I really look up to her. I honestly do not know what I am going to do without her. I have really come to love so many people here.
I have gotten to meet and interact with amazing children of God here in Lake Tahoe. It is kinda crazy here because there are a lot of different kinds of people here: super super crazy wealthy people, poor, tourists, locals, and people just passing through, jumpers, and yeah its fun. I look around and I just think, wow we are all Gods children, I want everyone to know about this message of happiness!
We had zone training this week and it was incredible. We discussed the atonement of Jesus Christ and what that means to us. It took a huge amount of courage for Christ to perform this great and selfless act. I cannot fathom that love that He has for us. It is absolutely astounding.
We are teaching this family of 5 and they really have enjoyed coming to church and to feel the spirit there. The mom, Ofelia, wants to feel this way all the time and we tell her it is possible. We started to read the BOM with their family. They love the stories. The 14 year old boy has read the BOM by himself and even highlighted parts that he has liked (when nephi has to go kill laban--of course he would like that part haha). It makes me so overjoyed to see Heavenly Father's children progress in this gospel even if it just a little bit.
We are teaching a guy named Juan. He is 25 and super cool and interested in the church.
We are also teaching a woman, Ana, and her daughter, Heidi. They are from El Salvador. They both are very interested in learning more about the gospel. I am so excited for them and their progression.
We are teaching a guy, Jose. He is pretty stubborn and never keeps his promises and never wants to pray with us around. This time he prayed for us! its the small miracles that keep us going!
We are also teaching Rocio and her daughters Brenda and Diana. They have been investigators for a while. The dad has never joined in on a lesson. This time he did! Maybe his heart is being softened!
This week I would really love it if you all would please keep Francisco Chavez in your prayers. He is a man that we are teaching. It has been a roller coaster with him but he is a man of faith and has progressed so much in this gospel.
Those are just some of the people that we are teaching. Please keep them in your prayers.
Well I love this gospel. I love this time. I love you all. I am so grateful for this time to serve. This is the least I could do to repay what my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have done for me.
Until next week,
Merry Christmas :)
Hermana Underly
Sooo..lots of cookie making pictures this week:)








No comments:
Post a Comment