Thanksgiving and He is the Gift
I hope everyone had a splendid thanksgiving full of food, family, and gratitude. I had a great week! I am living the dream. This week we had a district meeting on how we can teach for better understanding. We need to study the scriptures out for ourselves then we can teach clearly simply so simply that a child could understand this gospel.
We also talked about He is the Gift. It is this huge movement that the church is doing during this Christmas season about Christ. It is in like 20 different languages and 8 different countries and the church even bought the youtube banner for the next month and even some times square billboards. yeah its kind of a big deal. So that was super exciting to learn about.
Also for thanksgiving we got to go play soccer with our zone which was fun because we are so secluded out here we don't get to see them too often. We had dinner with a member family which was super great! and then we went to a less active Hispanic family's home for dinner. Very different kinds of food choices but all so delicious. I felt like I gained at least 40 lbs that day...
It was a great day to reflect and to ponder the things that I am truly and eternally grateful for which is family and my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and their love for each and everyone of us. Also this week was fantastic because I played the piano in our Spanish group sacrament...as many of you are well aware of my musical talent I played the simple hymns haha and as I was playing the prelude an Hermano comes up to me and tells me that I am also going to speak in the Spanish group sacrament....oh great. I have nothing prepared. So what did I do during the passing of the sacrament? I turned to the scriptures in Spanish and prepared something right then and there. That was fun. I gave my talk in Spanish on the atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance. I don't even know what I said or read in the scriptures but I think it went well. So that was really great.
Those were basically the highlights of my week. oh yeah and i held a rooster that was literally crazy so that was fun. We are teaching a pretty good amount here in north lake Tahoe. The work is hard but completely worth it. It started to snow a lot here and rain a lot. It is really pretty because we live up in the mountains and so the clouds are right above us and above the lake.
Hope everyone has a blessed week and prays for a missionary opportunity. This church is a missionary church and everyone can be a missionary with or without a nametag. Be the example and live what you believe.
I love this gospel
I love you all
con amor
Hermana Underly
alexandra.underly@myldsmail.net

No comments:
Post a Comment