Monday, November 24, 2014

Hermana Underly's Adventures: Hiking and Tracting and Teaching in Lake Tahoe!





HI Family and Friends: 

how is everyone doing this week??

This week was super fantastic!

Highlights of the week:

I went on a hike last p day with a member family and our elders! It was perfect weather and it was so fun! you could see all of lake Tahoe! we then went to dinner on the lake in this cabin type restaurant. It was so delicious.
This week I went on exchanges! I went to Reno and I got to be with my companion from the Mexico MTC and wow that was so great! I miss her so much. I was also with another Hermana who is the Sister Training Leader. We taught a lot of people and 2 accepted baptism like what? oh man it was so great! I loved seeing my mtc comp.

Also this week our ward had a relief society thanksgiving dinner. It was so delicious...of course. the Hispanic ladies in the ward came too and I got to talk to a lot of them and get to know more people. I loved it.

This week was great as well because we had zone conference!! We discussed how we can be anxiously engaged and to stand a little taller and to be a little better and to be fearless. we also discussed on to not fear man and to be bold and to love when we teach. I learned that we are the message. We are the example. We are spiritual guides for people. We talked about how we can be motivated to have a deeper level of consecration.  It was a great zone conference. I am so grateful for our mission president and his sweet wife. I am pretty sure that I have the best mission president ever. haha

Questions from Home:

1) Do you have a CD player at your home/car? we have some CDs that we listen to over and over haha. we have it in our car.

2)What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  we have 2 dinner plans and the rest of it we are going to hopefully tract.

3) How is your Spanish coming?  Speaking? Understanding? ummm the Spanish is coming along I guess. I try to speak it more and more but sometimes I just forget.

4) Hardest thing this week? hardest thing about this week is that we aren't finding a whole lot of people to teach and people who we are teaching aren't progressing. so that's hard to watch so we need to work harder.

5) Funniest thing this week? funniest things this week: we went to a recent convert family's house and I was sitting on this small cooler and then this little girl came up to me a tackled me and I fell over and we all started 
to laugh.

6) How's it being the driver?  You doing OK with that there? I like to drive :) I am doing alright. It hasn't really snowed a whole lot which is nice and not nice because then there are people out of work here.

Also this week I had the chance to give a talk. Elder Escobar and I spoke in sacrament yesterday and it was awesome. I spoke on expressing gratitude and the atonement of Jesus Christ.  We can learn so much from the scriptures about giving thanks to God and to our Savior Jesus Christ and for their love and sacrifice.

I guess I want to share my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. This isn't just a religion, this isn't just a church. It is Christ's church. It has been restored to the earth once again. We have the power and authority just like Christ did when He was on the earth.  I know that this gospel is true with all my hear. I know that this gospel brings happiness like none other. I know that we must endure to the end and be faithful in order to receive those predicated blessings.  This is the greatest work---to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith declared it. A Prophet of God. Let us press on. Let us give thanks to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and their infinite love.

In the name Jesus Christ of Amen.

I love you all! 

email:  alexandra.underly@ldsmail.net
mailing address:  812 Jennifer St. 
                          Incline Village, NV 89451

HIKING in Lake Tahoe!  How Awesome is this!!!!









I got to go on Exchanges with my Mexico MTC Companion, Hermana Pearson!!!!!! I was SO excited!!!!! 
and with Sister Braithwaite!


YAY!  Back together again-me and Hermana Pearson!!



No comments:

Post a Comment