DALLAS TO RENO:)
Lexie LOVES Sunsets
Dearest familia
This week was a very trying week.
But first last p day we went to the thrift store to shop which was super fun and taught a new family that we absolutely adore. They are very receptive to the message of the gospel.
This week we went to Reno for a Zone training. We discussed that God is still a God of miracles. When we work we should expect miracles to happen and have faith and pray and obey and then we shall have miracles. It was a great training that really motivated my companera and I to find and teach a lot more people.
So this week was filled with a lot of animals.... While we were driving one day there was this dog that looked like a wolf in the middle of the road and wouldnt move!! then one day we were driving and a REINDEER runs out in front of our car! it pranced right accross the road!! it was crazy! and then yesterday we were going to do a church tour with this darling family when we saw a bear come out from the side of the church building! we took a couple pics of it and then went inside to do our church tour. It was amazing and the mom said that she felt peace. Her son even said that he wanted to stay at the church building forever! It was super cute!
This week i learned that The Lord wants to stretch me so that I can grow into the person that He wants me to become. I really struggled this week but I also could count my blessings at the end of each day and be super grateful for this opportunity to serve. I love this work so much and I could not think of doing anything else. I am so blessed to have this gospel in my life that brings numerous blessings and peace. I know that with The Lord I can do all things.
So here are the questions mom
What is your ward like? Big? Active? Our ward is the North Lake Tahoe Ward. The bishop of this ward is absolutely fantastic. Everybody loves him. Our ward is a touristy ward which means that there are a lot of people in the summer time but when winter comes the numbers of that ward dwindle. It is a very small ward. We have 4 missionaries serving in our ward alone. 2 hermanas and 2 elders. One elder is from mexico and the other is from Guatemala and my comp is from Chile so that means that I am the only one who doesnt know how to speak spanish..... But its okay I am learning..slowly but surely. There is a spanish group that we have in our ward. Ususally the missionaries are the translators during sacrament and the other classes. The elders teach the youth and my comp and I go into the class for the spanish speakers and investigators. I dont understand like anything. It is a great ward. I already have so much love for them.
2) Did you pick up your bike? Will you be using a bike? I picked up my bike and i wont be using the bike for a while atleast thats my knowledge. We are kind of secluded in the mountains and the church building is a good 20 min or so away. So be greatful that you have a church building so close back at home!
3) What is your Rogers family like? How old? Who lives at home? The Rogers family is super nice. They are kind of on the older side. All their kids are married so it is just them at home in their super neat cabin!
4) How do you spend your days...referrals? Tracting? Teaching? we spend our days studying and preparing for the day. We usually have appointments to go to. We go to their houses and most times they are not there so we just keep going and try to find more and more people to visit and teach.
5) How often do you get fed by the members? This past week we were fed every night with the members! We are so blessed to have such a great ward. They love the missionaries and they love their youth!
6) Did you like the gloves I sent? (They're Under Armour, and should be warm) It shows that the Enchanted perfume was delivered. Hope you got all that
So i got the package and wanted to thank you for that package!!!! first off wow those are super nice gloves. and 2 thank you for the enchanted perfume but I just meant the cheap perfume from bath and body works in the bottom cupboard in the bathroom in my cupboard that i already have.... but I will just consider that perfume as an early bday present!!!
ALSO MOM I FOUND A FAMILY MEMBER ON THE UNDERLY SIDE AT THE POST OFFICE LAST WEEK!
HIS NAME IS CRAIG UNDERLY
He works at the post office and a guy saw my name tag and said that another underly worked here and he came out and said immediately oh yep we are family. it was crazy!!
Lexie did say she would LOVE real live letters in the snail mail, too, hint, hint:)
812 Jennifer
Incline Village, NV 89451
and her email is:
alexandra.underly@myldsmail.net
King's Beach-I'm guessing it's a lake, haha:)




No comments:
Post a Comment