I love hiking and I love being a missionary!!!
I love this picture...it's so Lexie:)
Hi family! hope everyone had a great week!
I wanted to start off and say how much a member makes a difference. It is hard working with the members here since we are so spread out on these mounatins haha but the members make such a significant difference when the missionaries are teaching the investigators!
This week was super great! Full of a lot of spiritual moments and many mini miracles. Something that has been more of a struggle this week is finding. It gets dark at like 5 here so we cant go out and look for people so we always have to be talking with people throughout the day and to keep our spiritual eyes open for those elite. I learned this week about what actually qualifies us for the work and i learned that it is love. Love is what qulaifies us for the work. Christ loved all and served all. It is so amazing when you look through Christ's eyes you can see that every single person here on the earth is a child of God.
This past saturday we had a youth from one of the stakes in Carson City come out to North Lake Tahoe and spend the day with us...It was called a mini mission. Her name was Rebecca and she is 17 and is considering going on a mission. So bascially the day with us would make it or break it haha.
That day was one of our most successful days actually! We talked with so many children of God and we all bore testimony every chance we got. It was way cool. We taught a lot of lessons and met a lot of people during the day.
Also this past sunday we had a new family that we are teaching come to church! My comp and I were on the stand. she was translating. All of a sudden I see that family walk in! I couldnt stop smiling. They sat in the back next to the elders. I was so happy. Just the mom came and her 3 boys: one is 11, 5, and 2. They are most adorable. They went to primary and she came with us to the spanish class. Then we had relief society and all the spanish women bore their testimony. We talked about the love that we should have to all of Gods children. It was great because she even spoke up a few times. She and her boys really liked it alot. One cool part was I was sitting next to the 11 year old. I talked with him about the sacrament and how boys who are 12 can pass the sacrament and he goes, "So I could do that next year?" my eyes lit up and I replied yes you could! Ah it was great. Its amazing how these 12 year old boys pass out the sacrament and how sacred the sacrament is.
So that was basically the highlight of my week
I love love love this gospel! it changes lives. It helps us to strive to be better each day. I know my worth and I want to live up to it. We are all sons and daughters of God. This gospel truly blesses families.
I love all of you all who have supported me, who still support me in this effort. Today marks my month mark and I am the happiest I have ever been.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting letters:)
my address for snail mail (which I love):
812 Jennifer St.
Incline Village, NV 89451
myemail: alexandra.underly@ldsmail.net
Any way you want, I love hearing from you:)
I was feeling "artsy" with this beautiful view of Crystal Bay
My companion and I and our "mini-missionary"
We visit this lady who has this adorable puppy...I want this PUPPY!!!!!!
Because I am a "greenie" (a new missionary", my ward mission leader, who is a professional chef,
made me a green meal!! hahaha:)
No comments:
Post a Comment