Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 18: New Adventures in Missionary Work




hola familia y amigos, como están?

Well, this was my last full week with my wonderful trainer, companion, and mother (missionary lingo). 

We got to go to the temple this week in Reno this past Wednesday. We saw our bishop and his wife and our ward mission leaders wife there! It was like a North Lake Tahoe reunion! It was so great to go to the temple. 

This week, we have been really focusing on the power of prayer. When in doubt, just pray. I have learned that when I just constantly think about the people we are teaching and pray to know what to teach and what to do, then we will know what to say. 

That applies to members. As you pray for missionary experiences and opportunities, that time will come and you will know how to approach it and know what to say. Those people, Heavenly Father's children, need what we have! Which is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have loved seeing the progression of people from when they started to pray till now. They are literally talking with their Heavenly Father. It is incredible how blessed we are to have prayer. 

I received a text message last night on our super basic phone from our mission president, President Hermansen. I knew instantly what it was going to encompass. I am going to be training an Hermana in just a matter of days. I am going to be a mother! I was super terrified at first. I know that I am here to have The Lord stretch me a lot. And I need to rely on Him that much more. I feel extremely blessed to have this calling as a missionary. In the mission this is the most important calling to have. I never really thought someone like me could train after 12 weeks in the field but hey I have The Lord on my side.
 
I absolutely cherish this gospel with all my heart. I truly love being a missionary. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my whole life. 
If you have the chance to go. GO. 

les quiero mucho  
Hermana Underly 


My ward mission leader and his family

Hermana Pearson and me:)


This view never gets old:)

No comments:

Post a Comment