Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 19: Hola from Hermana Underly-I'm a Mom:)


I'm a mom:)




Hi everyone!

This week was amazing and sad and wonderful and sad. I said goodbye to my trainer, Hermana Tapia this week as she closed a chapter of her life and embarked on a new one this week and welcomed a new missionary, Hermana Friend. She is from Seattle Washington and she is absolutely fantastic. She is fresh from the CCM in Mexico like I was just some months ago. I will be training her for the next 12 weeks. I feel so blessed and honored and privileged to be training a new missionary in the best mission ever (Nevada Reno Mission).  

The way that we put companionships together is everyone gathers in the gym and they call out the missionary and then their companion/trainer and basically everyone celebrates. Its pretty awesome. I was nervous and anxious and excited to be training a new missionary.

We had a training for trainers and their companions this week. Our President talked about our purpose as missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ. "We can't just get through the mission, let the mission get through you" Every single day we strive to be exactly obedient and love everyone and serve others. This is the most rewarding calling in the whole world.

We had a very successful week this week. We went right to work and talked with everyone! It is so great that Hermana Friend is so willing to do the greatest work in the world. She is so bubbly and cheerful and just loves everyone already. 

We just taught and talked with everyone about the gospel (the greatest thing ever). There are people ready and prepared to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I just feel it. I just know it. There are people all around us looking for the way. There are people looking for what we have.

Also I can understand everyone now in Spanish!!!! YAY I can also express what I need to express in Spanish. I love the language soooo much. People think that I am smart but I just tell them its the "don de lenguas" haha It just kind of hit me that I realized I can understand what people are saying! Its the small things that keep you going :)

I love this gospel. It is truly the way to eternal happiness.

I love you all.

Hermana Underly
alexandra.underly@myldsmail.net

Adios, Hermana Tapia:(

Hola, Hermana Amiga:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment