Friday, April 24, 2015

Week 31- So much greatness ...and Reese smores:)



Hi fam and friends!


This week was a super great week. I truly am blessed to be in such a great area with amazing people. First off I would like to ask if everyone can pray for Juan :) He is super awesome! Thanks yall. 

Pday last week we went biking through Truckee Cali on the Legacy Trail. That was way fun! It was gorgeous! We went with a member family --the Barton's and the Truckee Elders. It was a blast. Dad, we will have to go biking there after the mish. You would love it...and all the golf courses that are here too haha :)

We then went to a delicious burger place called Burger Me. (mouth waters) We then had FHE with a less active family that we are reactivating and teaching their son the missionary lessons. We talked about the ways that we can follow Christ in our lives. We can follow in His footsteps every day.
Tuesday we talked with a recent convert named Chuy who is about 16 years old. He is just awesome. He told us to look in his wallet in the back. There was a picture of the Reno Temple along with his Temple recommend. Man the youth are just fantastic. They have so much faith and courage to really stand up for what is right. I admire that so much in the youth today. Despite all the horrible things going on this world, they have courage. 

We visited with some more people that day but then Sister Friend got really sick so we stayed home for the rest of the day. Wednesday we volunteered at the Thrift Store in Incline Village which is marvelous! We get to talk with so many people and I love when people always stare at our name tags and ask us what we are :) We get to proudly say that we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Man I never thought I would say that. We get to show people that we are normal and we like to do service and that it is fun! 

We are helping out a lot of less actives reactivate so they can go to the Temple! It is super great to see their goal of going to the Temple someday with their family! It is so incredible to have the knowledge of the Temple that we can be with our families together forever! We finished Alejandra's papers! YAY We also had a very tender moment with Gio a recent convert who is 15 and was baptized a month or so ago. We brought him to a lesson with us and we asked him to bear his testimony. It was the most purest simplest testimony I had ever heard. I am grateful for those small moments that really are the big moments that increase our testimony. 

Thursday was a great day full of teaching and reading in the BOM. My favorite. I love reading in the Book of Mormon. We can always learn something new and receive that personal revelation from reading in the Book of Mormon. Friday we went to a school performance in Incline for the Elementary school for one of the less active families. It was about Nevada and how Nevada is home. I just kept thinking in my mind that TEXAS is home. That was fun to watch little 4th graders sing and perform. We had some great lessons and then we had correlation with our ward mission leader. We got to make Reeses Smores. If you have never had them, go try them right now. 

Saturday was EXHAUSTING. We woke up and cleaned the church with our ward for 2 hours and then volunteered at the Thrift Store for a couple hours and then we painted one of our investigators house for a couple hours. We were beyond tired. But serving others always make the work better and more fun. A miracle happened too! This lady that we were going to visit for the first time let us in her home. She told us that she has never let anyone in her home before except us. That was way cool. We talked about God's love for us and how we can pray to Him whenever and wherever. 

Sunday I translated for the english sacrament. Always a great learning opportunity. A Sister RM spoke about being humble. She had just gotten back from her mission 2 weeks ago from Oklahoma. It was neat to hear her speak. Then in the Spanish group sacrament another Sister RM spoke which was awesome. She served in Colorado Spanish speaking. It is so nice seeing Sister RMs. They rock. Not that I am biased. :) I love this gospel with all my heart. I love yall so much. Pray for those opportunities to share this gospel of happiness. The church is true. 7 months already???

Doctrine and Covenants 9:14 "Stand fast in the work wherewith I have called you, and a hair of your head shall not be lost, and you shall be lifted up at the last day.  Amen"

Hermana Underly 


Reeses Smores...nuff said

Loving the biking!

Absolutely  love Tahoe!

7 months...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment