Hola fam and friends!
I hope you had a great week! I hope you all the the opportunity to watch conference and do an Easter egg hunt!
Thanks for the Easter package! I loved it! I even got the golden egg!
This week was....well a great week full of learning and growth in the gospel.
Monday we had a lot of FHEs with some less active families. It was really great to be with them and feel of their spirit and to have that fire rekindled in their hearts. As a missionary, you just see some of the funniest things. Sister Friend and I witnessed a guy, probably not too much older than us, walking with what we thought was his dog on a leash....it was actually a half empty gatorade bottle. We just looked at each other and laughed.
Tuesday, probably the highlight of my day was getting a letter from my little brother, Sam. He wrote a paper for school and I wanted to share some of it with yall. "But most of all I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. AKA Mormons in case you don't know. What Mormons actually mean is we believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost...And some people also ask what is your symbol of faith. As you know the christians have the cross that represents his death but we like to focus on how we lived....I will die a Mormon." Sam, you rock buddy. Thank you for your example to me.
This past weekend, we celebrated Easter. We focused on how HE LIVES. He did die for us and the greatest miracle that ever occurred in human history is that He rose from the DEAD. HE LIVES. I know that my Redeemer Lives. I am so grateful that we have this knowledge and this gospel, the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and older Brother. We have the WHOLE TRUTH. We do not have to look any further. We have it all. Do not take this for granted...ever.
Wednesday we went to a baby shower for a woman in our ward. That was something. It was super fun! This past week we have been reading Doctrine and Covenants with Gio, our recent convert so he can go to EFY this summer! That will be super awesome for him. I think back to all my years at EFY. I had some of the most spiritual experiences there for sure. We also did a ton of service this week. We cleaned and painted and cleaned some more. I love service. It makes everything better, especially on those more difficult days.
Saturday and Sunday were just perfect. We watched all the sessions of Conference. It. Was. Amazing. I cannot even choose a favorite talk. They were incredible. Just one right after another. If you did not listen to conference this week, DO IT. Sunday we watched conference with Juan, one of the most awesome people that we are teaching. He liked it a lot and found it very interesting. We then went to the Biggs to do an Easter egg hunt and have Easter dinner! We also watched conference with them for the second session. It was snowing that whole day....so we basically had a white...Easter? This texan was rather confused... I thought winter was over... anyways. Conference just blows you away every time. Great great messages and teachings that we need to apply in our lives DAILY.
I would like to invite you all to watch the 'Because He Lives' video with a friend or family member and bear your testimony. This is the most important work in the world.
I love yall :)
Sister Underly


No comments:
Post a Comment