![]() |
| Yeah, we be bikin' |
Hey friends and family!
I hope yall had a great week full of missionary opportunities to spread this gospel of happiness!
This week was superb. We had family home evening with an awesome less active family. Tuesday we had district meeting. That morning I woke up and I could not hear very well. On the way to Reno, I could not hear anything at all and so we had to go find a walmart to get some medicine that would possibly cure my sudden deafness. With the assistance of our loving Heavenly Father, we did and all was well and continued on our day.
We met with a recent convert of ours and I asked him what he has come to know as he has been reading the Book of Mormon. His response: 1.Obedience makes you happier. 2. I know that I have a brighter future following The Lord. 3. I can feel of Heavenly Father's love for me and peace...That to me was rather profound and completely true. It was incredible to hear that answer from a 15 year old boy that was baptized about a month ago.
I am so blessed to be a missionary and learn more and more about this great gospel every single day. It is fantastic! We then went to another recent convert's home in our ward for dinner. She is just a great example to me of faith and love.
Wednesday we helped Alejandra in our ward completely finish her mission papers! That was oh so exciting and made me think of when I filled out my about this time last year. Crazy how fast time goes. We are so happy for her and this decision that she has made to serve The Lord.
Thursday was awesome. We were outside all day and it was the hottest day since I have been here and Sister Friend and I got burned! We biked and biked and talked and taught outside all day. It was a blast. We had a crepe contest with this french member in the ward which was super fun!
Friday we had correlation with our awesome new ward mission leader. Him and his wife got us pizza and we just adore them.Saturday was wonderful. We got to watch the Women's Conference with the women in our ward at the church. It was quite powerful to sit there with some of the strongest women I know and share this special bond. They discussed a lot about the family and how we need to defend the family. The speakers also talked about the divine roles of the mother and father. President Eyring spoke and that was just lovely. After the conference we had delicious soup and homemade rolls and cupcakes. It was so great to hear the words of an apostle and leaders called of God. That strengthened my own testimony about the importance of families and the divinity of our callings.
Sunday I also translated for testimony meeting which was actually really fun! And then I played piano for our spanish group which was well not as fun but an experience! Sunday we learned about JustServe.org which is an awesome way to get out and serve others like Christ!
We have been talking a lot about #Because He Lives video. Because Jesus Christ lives we can too. Yes He did suffer and die for us but we like to focus on how He was resurrected and how He truly does live. This is His church. He is the head of this church. If you have not seen Because He Lives, GO WATCH IT.
http://www.mormon.org/easter
This is such an inspiring and moving video that I highly recommend. 2 minutes of powerful message. Share this video with others. Share your testimony of Jesus Christ. You know I cannot really fathom how just one person could pay for all of our sins but He did. I know I don't know everything but I know enough. I know that this church is true.
I love this work. I love you.
Sister Underly
alexandra.underly@ldsmail.net
![]() |
| Because I still think I'm Taylor Swift or something |
![]() |
| Sunny day just before church |
![]() |
| Alejandra, soon to be missionary:) |
![]() |
| Brother Hodson, aka. Best Ward Mission Leader |
![]() |
| I Miss Texas!!!!!!!!:) I saw 7 cars in one day with Texas license plates...never happened before:) |






No comments:
Post a Comment