Monday, March 23, 2015

6 Months...Where did the time go?



                                    6 Months:)  Loving Every Minute of It!!


Traditional "Tie Burning" for 6 months out...I'm guessing Hermana Underly borrowed an Elder's tie for this?? 

Hola Family and Friends:)

6 months already. Where has the time gone?

This week was glorious. We had to cut our P day short because we were going to go to the Temple this week! Tuesday was my 6 months in the mission. I cannot believe how fast time flies. 

We had a great district meeting. My companion thinks I am like King Benjamin holla. We are helping this girl in our ward fill out her mission papers which is beyond exciting! We taught some great lessons including some lessons on the beach. (perfection) We had dinner with the members we live with which was absolutely delicious. I am truly loving every moment on the mission and I know that this is the most important work in the world. I am so grateful to be here.

Wednesday we went to the Temple. That was perfect: weather, people, and mission president. I felt an overwhelming sense of peace when we were there. The Temple is literally my favorite place on earth. We see miracle after miracle and that is what really keeps us going each day.

Thursday we planned and helped fill out Alejandra's papers! I learned that day that we really need to put Heavenly Father first. After we put Him first in our lives, we can accomplish all the things that we need to. Friday we saw a lot of miracles and overall this week was quite spiritual. I just love it. Saturday was just a blast. We had correlation with our incredible ward mission leader. We had some lessons on the beach and then that night, we had our ward dinner. 

We played the most fun and hilarious minute to win it games! The elders in our ward did the game with the tissue box belt with the ping pong balls in the box and had to jump around to get them out. They were so embarrassed. Francisco our investigator came too and had a ton of fun! We competed against each other in another tissue game. We had to pull out the tissues as fast as we could and well I won that one. That either says I have had too much practice or too many colds... :)

Sunday I translated in sacrament which was just about the most difficult thing ever...but I learned a lot. Also translated in Relief Society. In our Spanish group we did not have a teacher to teach the lesson that day so I went and grabbed a talk from general conference and taught. That was a great learning experience for sure. 

Something that my wonderful companion and I have talked about a lot is faith and action. Yes everyone can have faith in something that is true. We believe in God. We know He is our Heavenly Father. We believe in His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. However, as members and non members we always need to exercise that faith... as in put our faith into action. We exercise our faith daily. We continually use repentance. We renew our covenants each week as we partake of the sacrament. We live worthy to have the Holy Ghost as our companion. We endure to the end. All these words involved action. Let us act and live what we believe!

FAITH --> ACTION

love 

Hermana Underly 



I LOVE the Temple!!!!!!!!!

Great City...Tahoe


No comments:

Post a Comment