Hey there family and friends,
holla to my sister cassie who is going on a mission soon. serve it up.
I get to talk to my fam in 2 weeks! go to my home if you want to talk haha :)
Another week in the beautiful Lake Tahoe. This week we got to visit a lot of less active families with our wonderful Bishop, Bishop Lewis. He is such an inspired man. I am so grateful that we got to spend the day with him and feel the spirit so strongly. My testimony was definitely strengthened. We volunteered a lot at the Thrift store again this week. It is really fun to talk with people.
We read in Doctrine and Covenants with some youth who are going to go to EFY (Especially for Youth camp) this summer. Man I learn so much from reading in Doctrine and Covenants! We visited a lot of the members this week who have been struggling a lot. We had a great lesson on the gift of the Holy Ghost with Juan and why the Holy Ghost is an essential part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We painted for an investigator. Overall great week.
We were at the beach one day and then a few days later we woke up to 9 inches of snow! insane! Juan came to church! I translated in sacrament. Sister Friend and Elder Fletcher spoke. Elder Baker and I sang "I'll Go where You Want Me to Go" in Spanish in sacrament which was super fun! We just talked and talked with everyone whether they accepted the message or not. We are planting seeds and yall can too :) Just live the gospel to its fullest and receive a fullness of blessings :)
I came to a realization this week. We are living in the last days. We are living in the days the prophets prophesied. And we need to be stronger than ever. We are the ones who do not see but we BELIEVE. We need to build our foundation on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We need to build our foundation on the rock of our Savior. There are storms all around us and never ending and the only thing that is sure in this world is the Gospel. It is the only thing that is unchanging and firm and stable and TRUE. I have learned so much in this time here in Lake Tahoe. I would not trade this mission experience for the world. Though there are many hardships and times when I feel discouraged, I cannot give up. WE cannot give up. We need to be an example of the believers. We need to fortify our homes with prayer and scripture study and church and family home evening. As we do we will be able to feel peace and comfort and a sense of belonging in this ever changing world. I have a testimony of the restored gospel. I know that this church is true. Christ is at the head of this church. We are lead by a living prophet today who receives modern day revelation. I know that the Book of Mormon is where we find direction and guidance and answers all of the questions of our soul. I am ever grateful to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I love you all :) Thank you for your prayers and continue to be a missionary each day.
Sister Underly




No comments:
Post a Comment