Hola!
Como Estan?
espero que ustedes esten bien.
We had a beautiful week here in North Lake Tahoe. It is always an interesting time here in Lake Tahoe but I seriously would not trade it for the world. Tuesday we went into Reno. We had some system installed in our car to track us. President Hermansen and Sister Hermansen gave some really good specialized training from when they went to a President Seminar in Dallas (shoutout) a few weeks ago. We had a super great district meeting.
Then we went to walmart. So we had to completely clean out our car and usually we like to keep snacks in it to give to people on the streets. As we were leaving walmart we saw this lady standing on the corner of a street and I thought dang it we don't have any snacks in the car. However, I looked down to see a granola bar in the compartment! yes! It was awesome! Heavenly Father loves us! Then we celebrated our ward mission leaders birthday!
Wednesday we volunteered at the thrift store. It is so fun to meet and get to know a lot of great people! Then we continued our day with a lot of great lessons with our lass actives. We read with Gio so he can go to EFY :) He has taught me so much in the short time that we have known each other. I know that people truly do enter our lives for very specific reasons. I am so grateful for the love that Heavenly Father has for each and every one of His children. WE are all sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father. I love this gospel. I know that families can be together forever as we follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Thursday we planned. We had dinner at this awesome member family home! we walked to the beach with Gio where we saw one of our investigators walking and so we had a lesson right then and there. Gio had the opportunity to testify of the gospel. then we went to Juan's. He is doing so great. He is really progressing. It is the whole going to church for 3 hours that scares him.
Friday we volunteered at the thrift store. Taught a ton. Wow it is so rewarding teaching because I feel like I learn way more. This less active gave me a brand new ukulele so that was SWEET. Saturday we went to a memorial for this guy who had passed away. My love and appreciation for the Plan of Salvation grew immensely. Everyone was invited to wear tye dye so yeah we wore tye dye and it was right on the beach of lake tahoe. There were no members there except Bishop Lewis and Brother Rogers. I am so grateful for the Plan of Happiness.
Then we planned our RS lesson for the next day. We went to contact some more people and found more people.Sunday was absolutely wonderful. There is something special about a North Tahoe Testimony meeting. The Spirit was beyond tangible. I translated. Fili one of our investigators came! There were so many strong and powerful testimonies that were born. We taught our RS spanish class. Then in spanish group sacrament I attempted to play piano... haha simple hymns are awesome...
Bishop Lewis taught me a lot about the Atonement: If we are willing and if we give it our best and do all we can then He will make up for the rest. It was a very touching moment for me. Then we went to the Barton's house for dinner. Their daughter just came home from her mission from France! So cool! Then we tried finding a bunch of people in KB (Kings Beach). We ended up visiting Maria and her Sister Daisy. It was a perfect evening to finish off the Sunday.
I love you all. Thank you for your prayers.
Share the gospel this week!
WE are going to go hike and go to the beach today!
love you
Sister Underly








No comments:
Post a Comment