Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 34-Happy Mother's Day and Cinco de Mayo from the Mission Field





Hey fam and friends! 

I hope yall gave your moms a big hug and a kiss for mothers day! It was super fun talking with my fam yesterday! 

So this week was great and not so great haha. Monday we hiked a beautiful trail over the lake. We saw miracle after miracle on Tuesday. It was superb. We were just pumped. Then we had a 5 de Mayo fiesta with the ward. 

ThenWednesday Thursday and Friday... the Hermanas were not feeling too well at all. 

Then Saturday we finally went out into the world. We worked at the thrift store. We had amazing lessons with some new investigators that are just so precious. We talked with literally every single person in our path.

Sunday was amazing because we had some great speakers in sacrament meeting. oh and it was Mother's day. A brother in the ward spoke in sacrament meeting and it was just beautiful. I wrote down some of the words that describe women and their role in this world. He talked about the sanctity of womanhood and motherhood: holiness, purity, consecrated, sacredness, Giver of life, Partner with God in creation, Potential to be a Queen, Divine Partnership, supreme creation, exalted place in God's plan. 

Wow, I was just taken back by these words that describe us women and our divine role as daughters of God. I know that each and everyone of us has a divine plan. We are loved sons and daughters of God. He loves us with an infinite love. We cannot even fathom it. He wants us to return to live with Him again. That is why He has given us the Gospel of Jesus Christ... to know what to do to be able to live with Him again along with our families:) 

We taught the valiant girls sunday school. Then we had a great RS lesson on treasuring up the words in the scriptures and staying on the path back to our Heavenly Father. 

Then we got to talk with our families back home! It was cool!  I have been in this area long enough that I actually called home from the same family's home I was at when I made my Christmas phone call home. Whoa. 

I love you all so dearly. I love this gospel. 

Til next week, 

Hermana Underly 




No comments:

Post a Comment