Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 35-Just SO much fun and learning with Hermana Underly


Restoration....get it?

Always a Texan!



Hello people who may or may not read this. I love yall. 


This week was such a fantastic week! As is every week in the mission...yes even the super difficult weeks are wonderful. 

We had miracle after miracle on Monday. It was amazing! Also, I cannot believe that we had the opportunity to attend the Fallon Zone Conference. We had to drive out to the middle of nowhere. It was great. The Zone Conference was amazing. I

It truly made me ponder and meditate the things concerning our purpose as missionaries. It was wonderful. I know that my own testimony was strengthened and the Spirit there was so tangible. It was super interesting to me for us to go over the actual purpose of this life: to become like Him...to become like our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I learned and grew so much spiritually about our purpose and the role we have as missionaries and sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that we got to go. 

Then after that we did exchanges with the spanish STLs (Sister Training Leaders). Sister Simmons and I were together and Reno. It was rocking. We just talked with so many people and felt the true joy of sharing the greatest gift in the world! We are living the dream! We had so many awesome miracles happen. That keeps us going. We did a ton of service this week too. It is so great just getting lost in service. Truly thinking of others as our brothers and sisters is such a rewarding feeling.

I cannot believe that it has been 8 months already in the mission. I sometimes can't even believe that I am a missionary. This week we had an awesome church tour with one of our new investigators. Her name is Daisy. She is 14 and loves the gospel already! She really felt the spirit and LOVED the sacrament prayers. Funny story: So we were doing the church tour. It was freezing outside and in the chapel as well. 

Daisy did not have a coat so I just gave her mine and told her she could just have it. We finished the tour and then Sister Vargas took Daisy home with my coat which was fine...However, I did not notice till after they had left the church that I had actually left the keys to our car in my coat...the one that Daisy was wearing....(shakes head) We tried calling but Sister Vargas did not have her cellphone nor did Daisy...Somehow we got ahold of them and asked if they could take the keys up to the church. We could not hear because we had bad signal. So Sister Friend and I were stuck at the church for about 20 minutes or so till Sister Vargas came and rescued us! I just wanted to give her my coat and instead I ended up giving away our car.... way to go Sister Underly. It was super funny after and we just laughed. There ya go. 

Something that I have come to learn more on my mission is patience. I sometimes do not have patience when people do not show up to church. But then I think of how patient Heavenly Father is with me. I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who loves me and puts up with me and so the least I can do is have patience with our brothers and sisters. 

Sister Friend and I are still loving it up here in Lake Tahoe. I would not trade this experience for the world. 

I love yall. Share this gospel! 

OH ALSO look up the mormon message called LIFT. It is amazing. 



Hermana Underly 














No comments:

Post a Comment