HOLA familia!
Hope yall had a wonderful week full of bearing testimony and sharing your light with others! Also, I hope yall had a splendid Sunday celebrating Fathers and their divine purpose. :)
This week was seriously a week just packed with miracles!
Monday: We actually had an FHE movie night with some members of the Spanish group. We watched Meet the Mormons. That was the first time I had seen it. It was awesome! I loved what people said about us. That was funny. Also, I loved how it went throughout the world and the church is the SAME. My testimony of the church grew immensely. The church is the same in whatever part of the world you are. How AMAZING and INCREDIBLE is that? I love this gospel. It is so wonderful. So after the movie we had root beer floats and hot dogs. Adriana came and she loved it! She was so happy. It is so marvelous seeing how the gospel changes lives!
Tuesday: WE had some amazing lessons with a man names Jose. He loves the Book of Mormon. He understands it super well. It is exciting to see someone read the Book of Mormon and just see their face light up when they understand it and when they apply it to their own lives! We also ran across some young girls about 8 and 9 years old. They had such great questions about the Creation and God. It was super neat to talk with them. They told us that they do not understand why people think we are annoying (haha, I laughed at that)...when we only share a message about Jesus Christ.
I love little children. I have come to understand more and more how Jesus Christ wants us to become like little children: meek and humble and submissive. That was a great experience.
Wednesday: We did intercambios (exchanges). I was with Sister Christensen. She is super nice and positive. She had actually been in Carson the transfer before and so she knew where a lot of places were! I actually was not feeling too well so we went home for a bit. Then when I felt a little better, we decided to contact a referral that we received. As we knocked on the door a girl pulled up to the house. It was the girl that we were looking for: Mireya! She had actually just come home for a few minutes and had gotten off of work early. So it was a total fluke that she was home when we were there! She was super receptive! She wanted to learn more! I was so excited after that. miracle!
We then visited a recent convert named Gabe who is 18 and is the only member in his family. The rest of his family are Jehovah's witnesses. Crazy right? He has the strongest testimony. He told us he wants to bear his testimony at the next fast and testimony meeting!
Thursday: We did some service for our investigator Adriana! We then taught this incredible investigator, Olga! She knows the Book of Mormon is true! She has so much faith. We see so much potential in her. We also had dinner with a recent convert, Filemon! We had dinner at Jack in the Box.(yum. You are right Uncle Bo those breakfast jacks are the best.) We read in 1 Nephi 8 about the tree of life! If you have not read that chapter in a while you should totally go read that. It is so powerful.
Friday: We had another miracle! We met this awesome family. The kids are all baptized and strong in the gospel but the mom is not. They were so happy to see the sister missionaries and get to know us. We will be working with them more and more. The 10 year old boy said the most amazing prayer that I will never forget. The simplicity of a child never ceases to amaze me.
Saturday: A DAY FULL OF MIRACLES. We went out with Sister Shaffer! We met a ton of people and had some great lessons! We met this one lady Dalia. She wondered about death and where we go! Sister Shaffer prayed and by the end Dalia was in tears because she knew that God sent us to her! That was way neat.
Also we went to the park to do some finding. There was a wedding, a birthday, and a volleyball tournament. Score! We talked with a ton of people there. We met this lady named Maria. She loved us from the moment we started talking to her. She began to cry because she too knew that we were sent by God to her. She said she liked to read. I gave her a Book of Mormon. She wanted God to teach her to know more! She was amazing. We shared such a special moment.
Then we had a church tour with Adriana and her mom. We committed them both to be baptized. They are beyond prepared. They are both so excited to follow Jesus Christ in their lives. Denise (the mom) said that this is what has been missing from her life. Then we went to Hermana Hernandez! she made us homemade Pupusas! They are the best! Then we had english class!
Sunday: Father's Day. Happy Birthday dad! I love you. This young boy spoke in sacrament on his father. It was the most beautiful talk I had ever heard. I did not translate it justice. Then we had Sunday school on prayer 100% service. We then taught Relief Society on prophets! We then went over to Adriana's for dinner. We had a great church tour with another super solid investigator, Jenifer! She loved it. We had a recent convert come with us. It is always amazing to talk about baptism and the sacrament.
Well, I want you to know that this is the truth. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the way back to our Father in Heaven. I love this gospel with all my heart. I hope I am doing all I can to help Heavenly Father's children come unto Christ. I know we have a Prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I love you
Hermana Underly
![]() |
| Sister Christensen |


No comments:
Post a Comment