Hi!
So this week on Pday we went and hiked "C-hill". It has a huge American flag. We went with Elders Gallini and Quinton and Ernesto and Ileana (recent convert). It was super fun. It was so hot and it is a desert here. Its great. We taught the Cuevas family that night about the Book of Mormon and why it is so important that we read it as a family and how we can come closer to God, our Heavenly Father.
Tuesday we had our district meeting. Elder Gallini, my friend from Texas, is my district leader. Weird. But cool. We then visited this awesome guy, Alejandro. He totally gets it which is cool! We then had a fondu patio party with the RS. That was awesome getting to know all the sisters in the ward. We then taught an english class at the church to some great people, members and non-members, the basics of english. It was really interesting and fun teaching these wonderful people english. I feel that english is more difficult to learn than spanish but I LOVE spanish.
Anyways. tangent. We talked with everyone this week. I mean EVERYONE. It was super fun because we started knocking on some doors and I thought when am I ever going to get the chance to say "Hi I am a missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" NEVER. IT was so fun. Every time someone shut the door fairly quickly, my testimony just solidified more and more. It was great. Sister Barker and I had so much fun.
Cool Story: we were trying to find this investigator of ours who is just AMAZING. She always works and we could never reach here. So we said a prayer right then and there in the middle of the street and prayed for a miracle. We did not find her that day. But the next day we were walking in the same spot where we prayed and she drove right by us and stopped. We got to talk with her, Genesis, and made an appointment! It was really a miracle.
This other investigator that we have calls me and sister Barker Rapunzel and Belle and it basically makes our day. She is so sweet. We are teaching her, Monique, and her sisters Gracelyn and Elonia and their mom, Antoinette. We met them the day they moved in and they did not know why they moved to Carson....WE KNOW WHY. haha We went to visit them with Sister Hermansen and it was GREAT.
Antoinette even stopped by the church on her way to work to check it out. Sunday was good. We had to cancel our spanish group and just combine. I translated. Then we had Sunday School and then Relief Society (the women's meeting)
I know that this gospel is true. This is what people are thirsting for. IMAGINE YOURSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF NEVADA AND YOU WANT WATER... the gospel is that water to quench your thirst and you need it now. you cannot wait any longer or else you will die. same concept.
That is really all for this week.
I love yall
Hermana Underly
![]() |
| Hermana Barker!! My new Companion |
![]() |
| Elder Gallini-my new District Leader-he's from Texas and we knew each other from EFY (Especially For Youth) a few years ago. Small world in the Church:) |









No comments:
Post a Comment