Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 60-Carson City ------> Reno and Speakin the Spanish again!!:)





Hello everyone!! 

I hope you had a great week! Where do I even begin? This week literally flew by. I am so psyched for Cassie!! I cannot believe she is a missionary and headed to Vegas tomorrow! She is a rockstar missionary! 

Monday we had a zone activity and we played spoons and pied our zone leaders in the face!! It was pretty great. We had dinner at this awesome members home! The dad served his mission in Brazil along with everyone else in my home stake haha. Then we did exchanges with the Hermanas! I went with Sister Stott. We visited some super solid visits and we got to speak spanish so that was pretty awesome! 

Tuesday Sister Wilkins and I gave a training on loyalty and obedience! Then Sister Stott and I spent the day together! She is such a solid missionary and I am so grateful for her and all that she has taught me. We went to dinner with the Texeira family (part member family) and we had the hugest quesadilla ever! They seriously rock! 

Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Dayton sisters! I was with Sister Beh in our area! So many miracles! We felt that we should go to this one part member family's home. We found out the her husband agreed to take the missionary discussions and that he has been praying so hard and has stopped drinking so much! I am so grateful for the Spirit and how it truly touches and softens the hearts of those who sincerely have the desire to know the truth. We saw a ton of people that day. We got to teach the Restoration together for the first time and the Spirit was so strong. We taught these two sisters about the Book of Mormon and they were so excited to read it! We went to Dean and Angie's and had a great lesson! Then Dean came out with us and walked around and street contacted! It was so fun! He is a big guy and has a mustache so he said that he was our body guard. He rocks! He loves teaching the gospel! We had dinner at this members home. The mom served her mission in Brazil too! Then we helped a less active, Tanya, pack up her home. 

Thursday we planned and had lunch at the Baldwins with the Hermanas. It was Sister Baldwin's birthday! We visited some people and then went to a "Why I Believe Fireside". The Bishop in our ward spoke! It was super cool to hear his conversion story! 

Friday we had this mini mtc for the youth here in Carson and we got to train on how to teach the Restoration and to do street contacts! It was so fun working with the youth! 

Saturday we had a mini missionary come out with us for the day! We taught a ton of lessons. She bore such a pure and powerful and simple testimony of the Plan of Salvation! Mark was baptized!! He looked so completely overjoyed after he walked out!! He had the biggest smile I have ever seen! That was so cool to see! He even said that he wants to serve a mission when he retires! 

Sunday we listened to this intense and amazing conference that was broadcast to other states including TEXAS! I felt like I was watching it with my family! I really appreciated all the words that were said and the reality and truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that it actually has been restored to the earth today!!!

WE FOUND OUT TRANSFERS TODAY-  Sister Wilkins and I will be parting ways. She will be staying here in Carson and I will head to Reno and speakah the spanish! I am sad to leave Carson but it truly has been great. (This will be Sister Underly's 3rd area to serve in Nevada-and she is so excited to be able to be speaking Spanish again-she'll also still be the Sister Training Leader over her area)

I love the gospel! Let us simplify our lives and focus on the things that matter most! Let us continually repent so that we may have our burdens lifted and wax strong in confidence! Let us put the Lord first that we may have His direction and peace! Let us all strive to do His will! WE ARE NEVER BEYOND THE REACH OF THE SAVIOR'S ATONEMENT. 

Love yall 

Hermana Underly 



















No comments:

Post a Comment