Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hermana Underly-Week 3:) Post General Conference hype and lots of difficult goodbyes



HOLA hermanos y hermanas 

This week was full of a ton of general conference hype! wow i hope everyone got a chance to listen to the words of the prophets this marvelous weekend. We are seriously so lucky to have this knowledge and privilege of listening to the prophets and apostles called of God. All of the talks were all so wonderful and inspiring.  I have about 22 pages or so of notes from general conference and the general womens meeting. So I guess some of my favorite talks were by Lynn G. Robbins, Dallin H. Oaks, and David A. Bednar of course. He is a boss. General Conference this time around was super direct and not really sugar coated at all.  The speakers talked about mostly sacrament, revelation, and prophets. There is so much turmoil and just a lot of bad things in the world today.  It is truly amazing how much Heavenly Father loves us enough to give us prophets in these latter days.  

So also this week was filled with goodbyes to some amazing misionaros. This group was the third largest group to enter the CCM.  we had to say goodbye to basically half of our zone which was super sad.  I know that they are all going to do marvelous things.  Like the song that we sing every week goes:  hasta ver  hasta ver hasta ver nos con el Rey. (God be with you till we meet again) It will be fantastic to see each other again.  

Also another thing: It is way cool having so many friends here at the CCM! I have friends from BYUI and from texas here as well as friends that went to BYU that know Cassie and then they know me haha The mormon world is so small. There are always connections.  
Also BUENO BARS are my obsession.  They are delicious.  We buy them every week at the tienda because we dont know then the tienda restocks up on bueno bars :p 
And the storms here are even better than Texas sorry.  They are so crazy awesome here!  And there are fireworks that go off like every night here.  

So we had a new leader meeting with the Presidente Pratt.  That went well.  We were apparently the oldest set of companeras at the meeting. It is crazy to think how fast time is flying by.  I mean I am on my fourth week already! I love being a sister trainer leader with my companera because we just get to love everyone and we get to help all the hermanas in whatever they are going through! 

So we taught our new investigator Melissa who is actually just our night teacher. Sorry spoiler alert. and we also had another lesson with Hugo who is our morning teacher about personal revelation and general conference.  The spanish is getting better but sometimes I feel like I am not a great teacher in fact a really bad one. Then I realize that the spirit is the one that teaches. I am merely a servant.  I feel so honored to share this glorious message. 

this week in gym I played tennis! dad you would be proud! I played tennis with the elders in our district because none of the girls play here and then I also played tennis with an Elder Bacon yeah like the meat haha 

So I am singing in choir again only because i love the director so much! Hermana Gil is my favorite person here.  We are singing I stand all amazed en espanol!  

I want to leave you all with my testimony that I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today who leads and guides this church by the power of God.  Christ stands at the head of the church.  Your Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you.  He wants you to be happy and thrive in this life. That doesnt mean that there wont be challenges.  I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this gospel and that it is established on the earth today.  Walk by faith and not by sight.  

Con amor 

Hermana Underly 

EMAIL:  alexandra.underly@ldsmail.net





Companeras:)





How are kids so good at this jumping pose:)??




Lexie said they were being Nacho Libre here. I don't understand tho:)


No comments:

Post a Comment