Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 4 is in the book....Hermana Underly's adventures in Mexico





CCM Tshirts!



Buenos Dias Hermanas y Hermanos 

So, I was thinking and this coming Friday marks a whole month that I have been out here.  A month already? I cannot even believe that. Thanks everyone for you support and love! 

So this week was pretty wonderful! 
Our two investigators update: Hugo was baptized and we set a baptismal date for Melissa on nov 8! It is so amazing and a privilege teaching incredible sons and daughters of God.  Every time I teach this gospel my testimony increases greatly and I just want everyone to hear about this glorious message that us missionaries have to offer! We also got a new investigator this week: Antonio Marco. 
We got a new district this past week! they are all super great! 8 hermanas and 8 elders! 
We played kickball with our whole zone which was an absolute blast! 
We also did a service project where we just washed and scrubbed a bunch of chairs... I am so glad that I have the ability to serve others! 

So this past week, one of our elders in our district had a birthday so we celebrated the craziest way possible here at the CCM: chips and salsa and cinnamon rolls from my amazing mother Cheryl! thanks mom! they were delicious.
  
We had this thing called TRC on saturday where volunteers come in from outside the CCM who are already members of the church who are struggling and we get to talk with them and teach them about certain principles of the gospel.  It was way cool because they are totally native and I actually understood them. My companera and I talked with two wonderful women.  I asked a ton of questions about themselves and followed the spirit. We taught them the power of prayer and the importance of prayer.    It was such an amazing experience to be able to communicate in complete spanish and feel the spirit so strongly in the room.  It is amazing to me how I barely know those women and yet I had all this love for them.  
We had a leader meeting this past sunday with our presidentes.  They love the STL so much.  AKA me and my companion. Our presidente loves us so much that his wife got my companera and I a whole bucket of chocolate bars called Mui bons! 
Also this week we got to teach people in our own district and we got to be investigators. It was a little intimidating at first but at the end I really liked it a lot. I got to learn different types of teaching.  
In relief society we discussed Pres Monsons talk from this past conference. It was a phenomenal talk.  

So in sacrament I asked Presidente Gomez if I was speaking in sacrament and if I could speak a little bit in english from an excerpt of Pres Monsons most recent talk.  He said yes but I still wasnt sure if I was even speaking.  Our district sang I know that my Redeemer lives in spanish for the musical number in sacrament.  And guess who got asked to speak a second time....ME hahah my luck. I thought it went pretty well.  I basically have given more talks here than I ever did in my home ward haha. After sacrament Pres Gomez came up to me and told me that I sounded like a latina.  I just about died when he told me.  He was probably just being nice but hey Ill take it.  
So I am singing in the choir again this week! Neil L. Anderson is coming this saturday to the CCM! woo hoo! I am pumped! 

This week we got to listen to an amazing devotional on sunday. Elder Holland spoke. Wow he is just an amazing speaker. He said that his mission meant everything to him.  He talked about how we have to convert ourselves before we can convert our investigators.  I need to learn and be prepared before I can go say these things to my investigators. He also said that we need to listen with our heart and that we should see our investigators as real children of God who have real dreams and real hopes and real goals and real lives and real needs instead of just another baptism.  That hit me. We are all Gods children.  Our best examplar is Jesus Christ who loved all and never turned anyone away. Elder Holland also spoke of feeding His sheep. It is my call to feed His sheep forever.  Not just on my mission.  That I will be a disciple of Christ forever.  It is truly amazing to me how He could put this marvelous work and wonder for 18 and 19 and 20 year olds. In a time that is most selfish at that age, He has called us to go and spread this wonderful gospel. So basically Elder Holland is a boss because we watched another video that he spoke in.  He tells us the path is simple but not easy to follow and that we should always remember Him because He is the perfect example.  He goes on to say that Salvation is not a cheap experience! why would we think that life would be easy? that a mission would be easy? We should prepare to walk the path that he walked and that it should require something of our soul.  AMAZING
Also we got to watch the John Tanner video. Maybe some of you have seen it. It is an amazing video about faith and his life full of love and giving and the law of consecration.  The Lord really can do all things.  We also watched the Crucifixion of Christ which was absolutely amazing.  Hopefully some of you have seen that video too. The video completely opened my eyes about Christs life and purpose.  

so this week was beyond spiritually uplifting.  
Also everyone who reads this or if anyone does, watch The Voice of the Spirit. It is a mormon message.  Incredible.  Really go watch it.  
We live in a world governed by sight and not by faith.  Pray siempre. As you meet the requirements of The Lord you will have the Spirit.  

I love you all so much 

Hermana Underly 

2 Cor 5:7 





CCM-Centro Decapatacion de Mexico  (Missionary Training Center)



All the Sisters!


This Elder is FROM Reno, Nevada, where I'll be heading in a couple weeks! 



This is our route to La Tienda!

No comments:

Post a Comment