Sister trainers, Elder bednar, and new investigators oh my!
So this week was super amazing. as always.
We had a devotional with President Allen and Dave Evans from the missionary department which was absolutely fantastic. Also our district sang in the choir. Many of you know I do not sing so this was huge haha. We sang Juventud de Israel. Ah it was so amazing.
So our first investigator, Lucy, was baptized! she is coming to church! she read the El libro de mormon and we bore our testimonies. We also had her bear her testimony which was super neat! The spirit was so strong. I felt so much love for Lucy. I got a taste of the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. It was all too wonderful.
Also a thing here at the CCM is sand volleyball. We play it all the time with our district and zone! It is a blast and the weather is always so perfect for it.
In one of our night classes this week it was storming really bad and all the lights went out haha it was funny. They kept going on and off. I love our night maestro.
So my companera and i get along super well! Its funny because people come up to us all the time and tell us that we look alike. Uh cool! In our lessons we bounce off of each others ideas and it is so great how much the spirit teaches in all of our lessons and how dependent we are on the Spirit to teach and touch the hearts of the investigators.
Also my companera and I were called as sister trainers! woo woo! I never thought that this would happen but it is fun leading the other new misioneras around and it helps me to strive to be a better example for others. So that has been super fun!
The Spanish is coming along. Our district tries to speak as much spanish as we can to each other. Sometimes I feel that my english and spanish just get mixed up and i am bad at both. This language is seriously so amazing. I feel so honored that I get to learn the language here at such a nice place with amazing maestros. :)
So this week we got 2 new investigadores! Hugo and Melissa! Monday was super difficult because my companera and I did so terrible on our lesson. We were compelled to be humble and had to study more and rely on the Spirit to guide and direct us on what to teach instead of just going in hoping something good happens. I have never had to work so hard in my life. However I have also never felt so much love and closer to my Heavenly Father than now. So monday and tuesday were probably one of the hardest days this whole time I have been here.
Also we have had 3 amazing and thought provoking devotionals this week with Elder Bednar. Okay not really with him but videos of him haha. One was on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He said something that i really liked: Who you are and what you are is more than what you say. Think about that. Also he spoke on the character of Christ. Christ turned out when the natural man would turn in. As members of His church we need to put off the natural man and become saints. We should turn outward in love and service. I guess the motto for myself is Lose yourself --- Find yourself. I guess to me that means that when I lose myself in the work and truly serve and love others then will I find myself. It probably doesnt make a whole lot of sense to yall but yeah.
Today we went to the temple!! we didnt actually get to go in the temple because it is being redone but we did get to go to the visitor's center. It brought back so many memories from studying abroad in April and May. Wow it felt like deja vu. I miss all my mesoamerica friends!
Okay also this week I was reading in Mormon chapters 8 and 9 and wow it just hit me so hard and was completely inspiring. Read it! The Book of Mormon is tangible evidence that Jesus IS the Christ and that He did visit the Americas and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet that translated the gold plates!
It still feels so unreal that I am actually here. I love love love the mission life. I can not believe that I am already in week 3. Time is just flying.
GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK I AM SO PUMPED
please tell your friends and family to listen to conference this weekend who are and arent members of the church!! It will bless their life and help them to know of the truth of this gospel!~
If anyone has any questions I would love to answer them
And if anyone is considering going on a mission you should go! It is the greatest work! God is hastening the work!
My testimony is simple
Yo se que José Smith fue un profeta de Dios
Yo se que el Evangelio es verdadero
Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y que Jesucristo es nuestro hermano
Yo se que el evangelio ayuda familias y da bendiciones a nuestras familias.
Yo se que nuestro Padre Celestial nos ama mucho
I love this gospel and I love this work!
I love meeting new people and telling them this glorious message!
Love yall so much
Hermana Underly
No comments:
Post a Comment