Hanging in the mean streets of the Missionary Training Center-Mexico:!
Ahhhh.....love my mom
and her surprise treats!!
Sunday with my companera!
In case you were wondering...mi bano:)
CCM- mi casa
Mi Casa
My new District-Matchy Matchy:)
New District
The Sistas:)
Tallest Elder will be playing Volleyball after his mission
Querida Familia
I cannot believe that this is my last week here in the CCM. I have made some amazing friendships as well as seen a ton of friends here!
Time is just flying and I am coming for you Reno Tuesday morning. I am so pumped!
This week we were teaching people in our district. It has been interesting but I have learned a ton.
We taught Melissa and had a miembro present at the leccion which was actually just another misionera but it seriously makes all the difference. She bore testimony and loved the investigator. If you can, be that member to testify to the investigators. tell them of this glorious gospel and how it has changed your life, how it has helped your life, and how this is the true church on the earth today. It was amazing.
Also, our other investigator Marco is going to be baptized! He wants to change his life for the better and he realizes that this is the only way. I love how I saw his faith grow and his desire to change for the better progress greatly.
In our classes this week we sang some Christmas songs in espanol which was super fun.
Also lets just say that this past week, nutella and peanut butter sandwiches have been my best friend for a lot of my meals. :)
Also my mom is the greatest. I received a letter from her! It made my whole week! Mom you are the greatest! shoutout. AND thanks for the cute halloween cakeballs! My district loves you mucho! So do I! They were so delicious.
This week, I learned the power of prayer and just how much Heavenly Father knows us individually. He will answer your prayers. Pray with faith and believe that He will answer them. He wants to hear from you.
Also this week I sang in the CCM choir for our devotional with Neil L. Anderson! Way neat! We sang Asombro Me Da. it was incredible. We also got to shake his hand at the beginning. His message was absolutely amazing. He said that many occasions on the mission when you least expect it there will come a feeling and say that this is one of the reasons why I am here. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission. I am simple a servant of The Lord Jesus Christ. He talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He referenced a lot of Boyd K. Packer. I know how much my dad loves Boyd K. Packer. He also referenced multiple scriptures that just hit me. Also he talked about how us missionaries testify of things that are not seen when we live in a world of things that have to be seen in order to believe. We testify of things that are not seen but rather eternal. Wow. Amazing right. Through the merit and mercy and grace of Christ we can be resurrected, repent of our sins, and strengthened and have that enabling power that comes from the atonement of Jesus Christ.
Our branch presidente at the CCM is amazing! In our weekly meeting we talked about long suffering and what it means: Perseverance, amor, Fe, y paciencia. Christ patiently and calmly endured everything. He was calm in the face of suffering. He is our greatest example. He had that eternal perspective. So why cant we just be patient with everyone. We are all going through something ya know?
So our presidente loves mi companera y yo mucho that he got us this amazing caramel ice cream from the outside! We are so blessed to have an amazing branch presidency.
Sunday Devo: Elder Holland who is just amazing spoke... on a video. He loves his missionaries. 50 plus years later his mission means everything to him. He talked about how it is His work and His gospel and His way. Also I learned that as missionaries we need to convert ourselves and obey and then we can have the spirit and then teach with power and authority. I wish yall could feel the power of Elder Holland's words.
The rest of sunday we watched 3 videos on the history of sister missionaries...shoutout, and a man who was a stonecutter for the salt lake city temple, and then a video on Christ's life and ministry from the new testament. Way neat.
We had an AMAZING devotional last night from the international mtc directors. WOW. He showed us pictures from all the 14 other mtcs around the world. It just reaffirms my testimony of just how universal this church is. It is for the poor and rich and old and young. It is for everyone! It is amazing how 87598 other people my age are preaching this same exact message that i am teaching! It is just absolutely mind boggling! This is the true church. I know it con mi todo corazon.
Matthew 16:25 Whom can I lift and help and love?
No until you give something away freely does it become yours.
I hope you all have an amazing week! thank you for your support,
Con Amor
Hermana Underly
FYI: Lexie will be flying out of Mexico next Tuesday, October 28th and headed to Reno, Nevada! Let's get this started!:)











No comments:
Post a Comment