Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 58-Adventures and Miracles with Sister Underly





Hey ya'll! 

I hope you had a fantastic week and are staying warm and dry!

Things are great here in the great land of Nevada! Sister Wilkins and I just have adventure after adventure here in Carson. 

Monday we had family home evening with Dean and Angie, Grandma and Grandpa and Shelby. We discussed the Word of Wisdom. After the lesson, we measured Dean for a coffin. Funniest thing ever. We blindfolded him and he laid on the floor and Sister Wilkins starts measuring him and then lifts up his leg and pours a glass of water down down his leg. Dean is just laying there and saying how we need to watch ourselves and that we got him. Greatness. haha Sister Wilkins and I were cracking up. Then we had Family home evening with Bishop Fletcher and his family. 

Tuesday was a really great day!! Miracle!! We are teaching this part member family. The wife is a member but the husband is not. He was not super receptive at the beginning and did not want to be pushed to baptism. So we had a super spiritual lesson on the Holy Ghost and prayer and we invited him to pick out his own date to be baptized. He looks at his wife and says: I'm not doing anything on saturdays...which day works? So we set Mark with a baptism date for November 7th and he is so excited now!!! Then after the lesson we were so excited! Then as we were driving home we made a pit stop at the hotel .  We are still at a hotel while waiting for the bedbug situation to be finished. 

Saturday we had Patrick's baptism!! He was the one we found at the park. He had a dream that 2 girls from far away lands would come and give him some good news! He asked realized that we were from far away places and so boom! He is awesome! He wants to serve a mission! His mom Myra was baptized last week! It was way cool to be part of that! 

I am so grateful for the gospel and the light and happiness and joy it brings into my life. I am forever grateful for my Savior and the Atonement. I am so excited for my sister Cassie to be able to touch the lives of others in Vegas. I am so grateful for family and for the wonderful people they are...especially my mom. In Relief Society we watched the talk that Elder Holland gave this past General Conference on mothers and the Savior. I am thankful for my mom and the support that she is to me and all that she bears and lifts and delivers. I hope that I can be half as great as she is. I love you mom!!

I know that Christ lives. He loves us. Each and every one of us. Because of Him we can have joy!! 

love yall 

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Love you, 

Sister Underly 







No comments:

Post a Comment