Thursday, December 24, 2015

Week 66-Gettng ready for Christmas in Reno with Hermana Lexie Underly





HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SAM!!! You are a Deacon now!!! I am so proud of you buddy! Love you! 

Merry Christmas from RENO!! I hope yall are able to feel the Christmas Spirit this week as we ponder that special, sacred, peaceful and tender moment of when our Savior was born. I am humbled to be a servant of The Lord Jesus Christ - to be His representative even though I fully know I am completely unqualified and imperfect. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to wear His name over my heart every single day. I am at a loss for words of the gratitude I have for my Savior and Friend. 
Hermana Gatten and I had such a FABULOUS week! We got to teach our new investigator that the Elders handed off to us - Jonathan. He is 16 years old and asks the greatest questions! He is such a special kid and we already have such a great love for him. He has such strong desires to know for himself these things are true. 
We had a Christmas party with all the missionaries this week!! We had a blast. I felt that I had been here before...It honestly seems like it was just yesterday that I was celebrating Christmas on the mission. I got to see all my old comps and it was like one big reunion!! We played foosball and a ton of other fun games! We volunteered at the Bishop's storehouse too! We get to help with the spanish orders! We planned and had dinner at Hna Puentes home! She is amazing! 

We had Brianna Castiblanco come out with us for the day! We had a super powerful experience! We talked with this girl who was about 15 years old who did not believe in God. We got to testify that God is real and that He exists and that He loves us unconditionally and infinitely whether we know it or deserve it or not.  Tears stream down her face as she feels something that she has never felt before- The Spirit testified to her of the pure and simple eternal truths. 

We had lunch with a Recent Convert from Carson....SAMANTHA! She took us out and we had a blast catching up! She is going strong and loves her Savior so much. Wow I just adore her. 

We had dinner with this incredible couple that recently just got sealed in the Temple! Nefi and Pati Perez!! She was a Jehovah's witness before she converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ!! She is so strong and they actually moved to Texas the next day! 

We had a Fiesta de la Navidad in the branch! It was a great turn out and we had a lot of fun! It was a Christmas party mexican style. Hermana and I sang and we even participated in the Nativity play. I was the angel. jaja :) 

Alberto came to church!!! He loved it! He reads the Book of Mormon everyday and loves it!! He is preparing to be baptized Jan 23 and can't wait!! I truly do have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and that it is centered on Christ and His teachings and His perfect example!! I know that I have come to know my Savior on a more personal level as I have read the Book of Mormon with real intent and faith in Christ. 

I love this time of year!!! A S A V I O R IS BORN!!!

SHALL WE NOT GO ON IN SO GREAT A CAUSE?
Lots of Love, 

Hermana Underly
alexandra.underly@myldsmail.net

Singing at the Fiesta~


With President Chesnut




My wildest dreams have come true-I'm a MERMAID! Thanks, Mom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment