Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 67-Feliz Navidad with Hermana Lexie Underly







Hola todas las personas que amo! 

Thank you so much for all your Christmas and birthday wishes!! It was super cool talking with my family on Friday....It felt like I had just talked to them at Christmas 2 minutes ago... I truly could not be any happier than here on the mission! Thank you for sending your love this way to Reno!  I am so grateful that I get to spend TWO Christmas' and birthdays on the mission! I am also so thankful for my Savior and His birth and His life that He gave for all of us so that we may have happiness and joy! 

Monday we went to some senior centers and sing Christmas carols which was super fun!

Tuesday we met this part member family and they are amazing!! Anabella and Omar! Omar did not feel so comfortable having us over but by the end he really liked what we had to share and they he wanted to know more so that is pretty cool! 

Wednesday we had this girl in the branch, Jaz, come out with us for the day! We had some super great lessons with in actives and investigators! We had dinner at the Browns!! They are musically gifted and I just adore them! We sang some more carols at the senior center and we made the elders come with us and sing too jaja! We did a gift exchange/secret santa with the other missionaries in the branch....Elders Jarnagin, Franco, Baker, and Han. That was hilarious! 

Thursday it was basically a blizzard.....We stayed inside for most of the day and planned and planned some more....We spent Christmas eve at the Castiblancos!! The branch president and his family! It had a cool hispanic twist to it. We sang spanish songs and had spanish food so pretty much the greatest thing ever. 
FRIDAY Christmas day we had breakfast at the Browns!!! And then we had another breakfast with the Wanless family!! We headed over to the Castiblancos to talk with our family!! Sophie and Sam are so grown up it weirds me out!!! Mom, you are still so gorgeous and young. Dad, you still looking good with your soccer jersey. jaja :) SAM! congrats on passing the sacrament for the first time!! I am so proud of you buddy!!! We then watched The Lion King with the other missionaries. We had dinner at the Agustins! Then we played games and did a white elephant with the other missionaries to finish off the night! 

Sunday was great!!! I do not feel 21 but its fine....We met with a ton of in actives and new people! We celebrated my birthday at the Castiblancos. They may or may not be tired of us.... jk I love them so much. They are family :) 
Things are going great here in 775! Jonathan is the 16 year old that is just amazing!! He told us that he wants to serve a mission in France! Haha he didn't know how missionaries were chosen to go to their missions. He came and cleaned the church on Saturday morning! What 16 year old kid does that? He is in Alma already in the Book of Mormon and loves it! Jonathan seriously has a special place in my heart! He shared with us his experience on how his prayers were answered! I know that Heavenly Father is truly aware of each and every one of us and our situations! 

I know that Jesus Christ lives and stands at the head of the church today!!!! I know that with all my heart! 
This new year let us ponder the life of our Savior and strive to become more like Him!!! 
I cannot express my love enough to yall :)

Much love, 

Hermana Underly 

alexandra.underly@myldsmail.net


I am the tree----




Birthday dinner at InNOut-yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment