Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 69 with Hermana Lexie Underly-Greetings from Reno!



 
light it up
spread the light 
the light of christ 
so that others can see 


Greetings from the great land of Reno Nevada. 

This week was a marvelous week. To start it off Hermana Gatten got a little enferma and so we had go in early for the evening. All is well now in the holy deserts. 

Tuesday we had the greatest District meeting! Seriously I love my zone with all my heart. I am so grateful for all the friendships that I have made here on the mission.  I will cherish them forever :) We did exchanges with the Tahoe Hermanas. I was with Hermana Daniels in Reno and we saw so many miracles. We had this Hermana RM come out with us and we taught Alberto who is progressing a ton! We helped this woman- Alejandra and her young son take in groceries and we got to have a super great gospel discussion. We also genuinely passed out a ton of Book of Mormons this week! We had Costa Vida for dinner...for the win. We taught English to Laura and Alfonso. Hermana Daniels is such an amazing missionary who is so goal oriented and loves the work. 

Wednesday we ended exchanges and then went to our other area for the day. We met this guy named Gabriel! We visited an in active brother and read him the Book of Mormon since he is mostly blind. I have never felt so much love for someone I barely know. It is amazing how the gospel is able to bring people so close together no matter what the circumstance. We also went to this other brother's house. He gave me a gigantic donut for my birthday! We then visited with this girl- Natalie- who really wants to come closer to Jesus Christ. She is literally my hero. I love the youth so much!! The elders brought us chinese food for our missionary meeting! It is splendid having other missionaries in the branch to help each other out in the work! 

Thursday was one of the greatest days of the week. We brought the branch president's daughter to a lesson with Jonathan! He finished the Book of Mormon!! We had a mini testimony meeting and we were all crying and the Spirit completely struck our hearts. Then we went to Pollo Loco to meet one of our in active brothers. He never showed up so we started talking to the group of Hispanics next to us. Pollo loco is a prime place to proselyte if you were wondering. We impressed them with our Spanish and then we talked about the Book of Mormon. One had already talked with missionaries before and went to church in mexico. CHIDO. We visited with some more in actives. We got to talk with a little boy about how Christ is truly our hero and how He saves us from the bad guys. It was actually super powerful. Sometimes I look up and see an airplane (we live right next to the airport) and I start to cry....and then I get over it and move on and work. 

Friday was SPIRITUAL OVERLOAD. We had MLC (training) and Lynn G. Robbins talked to us for 4 hours (it seemed like 30 minutes) about marriage mostly as well as agency and responsibility. My words do not even justify what he spoke on. It was incredible how much knowledge he had and how calm he was. It was incredible to be in the presence of a man called of God. Guess what? Hermana Gatten and I sang in the missionary choir for Elder Lynn G. Robbins. That was neat. Then he spoke to all of us for the next 4 hours and that flew by. I am so grateful for the gospel and the truthfulness of it all- the happiness that it brings into our lives! 

Saturday we walked with Alberto to a baptismal service and he was so excited to get baptized!! We were walking home and we helped this man in a wheelchair with a bag of beer get to his home. And then we talked with this guy named Luis and Alberto testified the whole time. chido moment. 

Sunday we had 5 investigators at church. We had to go knock on Alberto's door and wake him up to get him to church. Jonathan came to church and shared his testimony with us. What an amazing kid. He wrote on the back of his Book of Mormon...."and it came to pass I found my purpose" 


Hermana Underly 

alexandra.underly@myldsmail.net
Puppy love

This Kid!!

Now that's a donut!

Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment