![]() |
| Little bit of my home right here:) |
I hope everyone had a fantabulous week! I love you all so much!! I feel extremely humbled to be part of this work!
This was a great week! It is such a blessing to be in this wonderful trio with Sister Grandy and Golding. The trio is the dream team! I have learned so much from these wonderful Sisters and I am continuing to learn from them each and every day. This week we talked a lot about Joseph Smith. The thing about the First visitation was that IT HAPPENED. I am so grateful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ here on the earth. It all started with a 14 year old boy that had a question and wanted to know the truth. It is truly amazing what the first visitation reveals: That Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are all three separate and distinct beings and that Heavenly Father knows us by NAME. I personally think that is incredible. I am so grateful for this knowledge that we do have a Heavenly Father that loves us and knows us and wants the best for us. Some really fun and interesting guy that we talked to this week was talking about fruit and if you squeeze a lemon you get lemon juice and an orange-orange juice and Jesus Christ- Jesus Christ and Mormons- Joseph Smith. It was interesting because he thought we worshiped Joseph Smith but we are in reality a Christ centered church and even more, Christ is the head of the church and He lives and is in charge today. My testimony of the restoration of the Gospel increased greatly and my foundation in the gospel was made even more strong.
We are teaching this awesome girl named Samantha who is basically already a member! She is 28 and she is incredible. We love her so much and we talked about how sometimes we do not receive an answer right away. But as we take those steps of into the darkness, faith will light the way and we will receive that peace and answer. She had an experience that really changed her perspective on her prayers and answers. She knows that she needs to take this step in order to progress! We as humans are not going to know everything but as we live righteously we will be able to receive the blessings that come from obeying.
We are also teaching this older man named Alan who is in his 60's. We have been struggling with him getting to church. We watched this super powerful video on missionary work and the Atonement and after that he knew that he had to change and go to church. And guess what? Alan came to church!! We saw him sit down in the back and we were overjoyed! Yay for miracles!
We are also teaching this guy named Arthur. He was in jail the past 2 months and called us the day that he got out this week and wanted to see the missionaries again and get back into going to church! So we met with him and had some great lessons with him! He also came to church this week too! miracle! I love the determination he has to really change his life around and do the things that bring true happiness!
We went to go contact someone when we saw this older man walking down the street. We waved and that was it. Sister Golding felt that we should go and talk with the old man walking down the street. We followed him for a bit then called out to him. (no we are not stalkers) He was wearing a big white cowboy hat and cowboy boots. His name is Jim. We talked with him outside of his home. He had told us that he wanted to get to church. He told us of his experiences and how the big man upstairs has helped him throughout his life. We then taught him the Restoration of the gospel. He said he would go to church this week but didn't. He got an ulcer and the doctors told him that he might not make it another year. He was very sad and knew that we entered his life for a reason. Hopefully things go well with him as we continue to teach him. Jim is determined to go to church next week too!
This week I went on exchanges with Sister Lane and stayed with Sister Golding! We had a blast! We had such great spirit filled lessons and I really tried to feel true love and charity for our brothers and sisters! I truly learn a lot from being with other sisters and edifying one another!
So this week I read about unleashing the dormant spirit. This was some of the advice that I read and maybe some of you can benefit from these:
-Embrace this day with an enthusiastic welcome
-You make the decision of which road you take
-If you neglect to feed your spirit your spirit will reap unhappiness
-Pause to ponder the suffering Christ felt
-God knows better than you what you need
-Never judge anyone
-Forgive and you will be free
-Let questions arise but never doubts-God will give you clarity
I loved this!!!
I love this gospel! I know that it is true. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and the BLESSINGS that come from it!
Hasta for now!
Sister Underly
![]() |
| Sneaky selfie with Grandma (this is the awesome woman who Lexie lives with right now:) |
![]() |
| All the sista's:) |
![]() |
| The district |






No comments:
Post a Comment