Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Week 45 with Sister Underly (Mom is playing catch up on Sister Underly's emails-this is from last week = July27


Random pix sent on text from Sister Baldwin-
Mom LOVES these texts:)



Hi friends and fam! 

I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life! I am so grateful for your prayers. I am infinitely thankful for all your support as well. This week was absolutely insane. There is just so much work to be done. Monday we went bowling with our zone. I have such an awesome zone. So now that we are covering 2 areas and 2 wards things just get crazier. Tuesday we had an awesome district meeting thanks to Elder Gallini. We then went over to the Hot Springs area for the day. We had some great lessons with some amazing people. We are teaching this super old lady named grandma Jan. She is basically a member and says that we cant teach an old dog new tricks. She cracks me up but she is wonderful. It is amazing as you take the time to look into someone's eyes and truly see them as a son or daughter of God and then you just love them no matter what.
 
Just when I thought it could not get any crazier it did on Wednesday. Wednesday we spent the day in Carson River and that was splendid. We went on splits with some members and we WORKED. Also! Adriana came with us to a lesson. (she is the one who was baptized just a couple weeks ago) Adriana bore her testimony and said that she now has the GOSPEL GLOW. It was awesome. She is fantastic. After the lesson we were talking and she was saying that she wants to understand more about the atonement and how we can more fully apply it in our lives. She continues to say, "I need to read the Gospel Principles book more". She is so wonderful. 

While Sister Golding and I were together we were talking about kids and how perfect and innocent they are. Sister Golding says to me, "You're like a Disney Princess!" and that comment made my whole life. aka to be a Disney Princess is my dream. 

Thursday we spent the day in Hot Springs and it was hoppin for sure. Friday was also just insane. Going to appointments and meeting people and talking with everyone. The mission life is the best. You meet such amazing people that you cannot forget. We literally went on splits and a bunch of appointments all week. Sunday was awesome. We had 6 beautiful hours of church. I learned so much. That is one of the many reasons why I love this gospel. You are always learning and progressing to become a little better each day and more like our Savior Jesus Christ. We also had great lessons. We are teaching this new investigator named Christina. She has lost 6 people in her family in just a matter of 5 years. PLAN of SALVATION. It is so wonderful that we have this amazing knowledge and that we are here to share it with the world.

Then we taught Sam. She is incredible. She reads the Book of Mormon so faithfully. She has been going to church by herself faithfully and has such a desire to know for herself. Sometimes we need to take that step of faith into the dark and then we become enlightened. 

One thing that I learned was more on the importance of sacrament. It is the renewing of all our covenants. It is the only ordinance that we do for ourselves each and every single Sunday. I think that is so marvelous. Spirituality is not stagnant neither are our covenants. We need to give back the sacrament to the Savior and remember all that He did for each and every one of us. I am so grateful for the chance we have to attend sacrament each week and start over. I am grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that we have on the earth today. The gospel truly blesses lives as it has forever blessed mine and I only want people to come to that same knowledge and receive those blessings. I hope that others can see my love for the Savior. 

I love yall so much

I hope you have a great week. 

Sister Underly 

No comments:

Post a Comment