Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 48-Changes and moving forward and lots of good stuff!



Grandma Jan!  Great day!

Grandma Jan's grandkids said the prayers at the baptism


Hello friends and family! 

Wow I just want to thank yall for everything! I love yall!

This week was absolutely fantastic! I LOVE being a missionary! There is literally nothing better! 

Monday we had a zone activity in the middle of nowhere (oh wait that is just all of nevada) at this cabin! I love my zone! They are all such hard workers and great examples to me! 

Tuesday we had an awesome Zone training! Well hopefully. Sister Grandy and I gave the training on how by their fruits ye shall know them and how every single person is a son or daughter of God and they are ALL numbered! We are the sheep and He is the Shepherd! However, after that I was not feeling too hot so Sister Baldwin was my companion while Sister Golding and Grandy went out and worked. NOT fun. But I was grateful for Sister Baldwin and all she does in the missionary work! 

Wednesday was superb! We met with some less actives! Then we met with Shelby and she is all for living the Word of Wisdom. I would have to say that she truly has changed the most and is continuing to change and live the gospel! We also met with Jim and he even asked if he could be baptized sooner!! WHAT that never happens! He just wants to help and serve others! It is incredible. We had dinner at the cutest couples newlywed's home and then we watched the Restoration movie! SO powerful. 

Thursday we just planned and went over to the Hot Springs area for the day! We 
had some interesting lessons to say the least. But overall it was fantastic! 
Friday was hectic! Sister Baldwin and I went on splits and visited some people! We had some super awesome spirit filled lessons. It is amazing just how the Spirit works in people's lives. The Spirit truly touches and softens their hearts to listen to us and the perfect unique message that we share. We met with some great part member families! They were even thinking about baptism before we even brought it up! It was a total miracle because the husband did not seem interested at all and would not participate in our first few lessons. The Spirit touches hearts people! 

The gospel is so true! We were listening to the 17 points of the true church in the car and it just got us pumped up! Truly everyone needs to listen to the message that we have to share! It made me realize even more that this is Christ's church! He is the head it. He lives. 

Saturday we had Grandma Jan's baptismal interview! It was such a sweet moment to share with her. We even sang a little bit for President and his sweet wife! Then we met with Arthur, one of our investigators, and we taught the Plan of Salvation. He doesn't really comprehend everything so we drew out the Plan of Salvation on the pavement with chalk! It was so fun! Every single time we teach the Plan of Happiness it just amazes me how we can understand the nature of God and how much He loves us and the plan that He has for each and every one of us! Ah so powerful! Isn't the gospel just the greatest? 

Sunday was just a day of MIRACLES! We had Samantha and Shelby and Jim and Gene and Stana and Arthur at church! And a ton of our less actives came to church! It was such a great feeling to see our brothers and sisters in the pews and listen to the speakers and see the priesthood in action. 

Also, Grandma Jan was baptized!!!! When we first met with her she told us that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. You are never too old to accept the gospel! It was the most tender baptism I have ever been to. Jan's great grandson (11) gave the talk on baptism and we heard such powerful testimonies all from recent converts! It was so sweet to see this moment. Jan's daughter and family are members and she never thought that this would happen. BUT IT DID. There was such a special feeling there that I will always remember. 

Well brothers and sisters I will be staying here in Carson City for another transfer and my dear companion Sister Grandy will be transferring to Arizona(She's headed home:)....I will be getting another sister all the way from Elko, Sister Wilkins. I have so many mixed emotions. I am forever grateful that I had the opportunity to serve with such amazing sisters. Sister Golding will be staying in the Hot Springs area with another comp so we will see each other often but not as much. 

Also this morning my amazing companions and I listened to a devotional by Brad Wilcox that was on point. It is called "My Grace is Sufficient" I highly recommend it. 

Oh yeah Samantha is getting baptized this week!!! On Tuesday and we will get to be there! 

I love my Savior and I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I hope that you go out there in the world this week and share your light and testimony with our brothers and sisters!!

SHALL WE NOT GO ON IN SO GREAT A CAUSE? 

Love the Baldwin's

Bri (Sister Tanner) came back to visit
(she knows Amanda Hixon Larson)


Saying goodbye to Sister Grandy

Love Polaroids

Saw Sister Friend :) 

Mug Shots

Cute Mug Shots


No comments:

Post a Comment